This gown is currently for sale on my Etsy Shop: To purchase, click this link https://www.etsy.com/listing/173554764/regency-maroon-floral-gown?ref=shop_home_feat
So I have been debating the idea of taking one of my many patterns I have created and obtaining a copyright. It has always been a dream of mine to one day become self sufficient through the selling of my gowns and patterns: this being one of the first steps towards that goal. I have decided to start with a 1850’s style gown, as there are not as many of these in patterns as there are for the 1860’s styles. I have had good luck with these decade in the past and an excited to begin this long process. I am currently making the dress as I painstakingly recording each detail…which is difficult at times, since I am trying to be as specific as possible but several steps are just confusing. Here are a few pictures of the gown based on the pattern I have created: The main features of this bodice are a pleats that start at the neckline and are all gathered into a point at the bottom. The back of the …
Check out the pictures of my newly finished Round Gown! The ribbon at the neckline took quite a while to attach, but I am happy with how it turned out!
Well with all this snow we have been getting, I have cocooned myself inside and finally finished my photo studio. I took one of the walls in my studio and created a large photographing area. To test it out I decided to pull out one of my earlier gowns; a 1850 Round Gown. I created this off of a picture in one of my historical clothing books and was very happy with the result. The only thing I wish I had done differently is to have sewn down the front fabric folds. Unfortunately I didn’t and they always shift out of place…grrrr….which is why I haven’t put it up for sale. Nonetheless, I do think it is one of my better creations. Still working on the early 1800’s gown and should be able to post pictures this weekend!