It doesn’t take much to start feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders. And it doesn’t take much to find small ways to bring a little sunshine back. Even better if these little ways don’t break the bank. Below, I have shared my personal five favorite ways to make life a little more luxurious and a little less mundane.
Five Ways to Pamper Yourself…According to Aimée
- Buy Fresh Flowers Every Week – Whether you choose to purchase from a florist or a local grocery store, a little bouquet of fresh flowers goes a long way in adding a bit of cheer through the week. I purchase a small bunch every Friday, choosing whatever is in season to get the best price.
- Pick Out a New Nail Polish – While I can not afford to get a manicure often, I can spare an extra half an hour to give one to myself. With a fresh coat of nail polish, my glamorous level goes way up! 🙂 I purchased this color just last week and I love it!
- Take Yourself Out to Breakfast – I will often leave a little early for work so I can take myself out for a nice little breakfast at Panera. My usual? A hot cup of hazelnut coffee and a strawberry and cream scone….yummy!!
- Buy a New Journal – I go through journals very, very quickly and love buying new ones. I find Home Goods to be the best place to find unique and affordable journals.
- Purchase a New Pair of Earrings – I wear earrings every single day and therefore love a variety. My favorite choice for affordable and delicate earrings comes from the Lauren Conrad collection at Kohls.
Living a full and abundant life does not take a lot of money. What it does take is the ability to enjoy and cherish the little things in life that can add a wee bit of sparkle!