I spent yesterday afternoon (during the snow storm…or as the Weather Channel called it “The Polar Vortex”) sitting on my couch, watching re-runs, and attaching the skirt to the bodice of my 1850’s gown. I knife-pleated the fabric and then hand-stitched each pleat to the bodice. It didn’t take as long as it sounds. I clearly have to adjust the length and hem the bottom…but that is for another day.
I also completed the under sleeves for the gown. I decided to use elastic versus ribbons to hold up the sleeves…elastic just holds better. I also did a little hand embroidery on the cuff of the sleeves, based off of a pattern from one of my fashion books. Hope you like it!
Also, I know I haven’t done many hair tutorials lately…it’s not from lack of trying…it’s just that the pictures and therefore the end results just aren’t that good. I am hoping to put another one up over the next week. Fingers crossed!