My Sewing
Comments 3

1770 Polonaise Gown

Well, I am on my way to completing my first personal sewing challenge, so here are the finished pictures, along with several construction pictures, of the gown.  I am not happy with the final pictures..the tones is very off, so I may retake them and repost at another time.  But I still wanted to share what I have completed so far!

Here are the two fabrics I choose: one for the petticoat and one for the over dress.

DSC01210

 

I created a shorter petticoat and placed it over panniers.  I also added extra padding on the bum area.

DSC01211DSC01212

 

Then I cut out the bodice pieces for the over dress, added in boning to the lining, and stitched it all together.

DSC01216DSC01219

I added shorter elbow length sleeves, the over-skirt, and two lengths of cording on the inside to create the puffs.

Here are the finished pictures…again, I do not like the color tone….oh well! 🙂

DSC01222

DSC01223

DSC01227

 

DSC01225

DSC01229

 

The dress form bust area is too large for the final measurements, so that is why the hook and eyes have a slight pull.

 

I also decided to participate in the Historical Sew Monthly challenge and will be beginning January’s challenge this weekend!  Stay tuned for future posts!

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend.  It is snowing like crazy where I am, so a cup of coffee is in order and a good magazine to read while I snuggle on the couch!

 – Aimee

3 Comments

  1. I’ve always thought to participate in the Historical sew monthly challenge, but at the rate I go it would be one project per year! Good for you!! 🙂

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s