My Sewing
Comment 1

1850’s Gown: Almost complete

I spent yesterday afternoon (during the snow storm…or as the Weather Channel called it “The Polar Vortex”) sitting on my couch, watching re-runs, and attaching the skirt to the bodice of my 1850’s gown.  I knife-pleated the fabric and then hand-stitched each pleat to the bodice.  It didn’t take as long as it sounds.  I clearly have to adjust the length and hem the bottom…but that is for another day.

I also completed the under sleeves for the gown.  I decided to use elastic versus ribbons to hold up the sleeves…elastic just holds better.  I also did a little hand embroidery on the cuff of the sleeves, based off of a pattern from one of my fashion books.  Hope you like it!

yellow7

yellow8

yellow10

yellow9Also, I know I haven’t done many hair tutorials lately…it’s not from lack of trying…it’s just that the pictures and therefore the end results just aren’t that good.  I am hoping to put another one up over the next week.  Fingers crossed!

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: An 1840’s Pleated Gown | Inside Aimee's Victorian Armoire

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s